In this lesson, Hassan teaches about mixins, filter, and testing. Students will specifically learn about:
- Mixins: allow us to neatly reuse functionality between components.
- Filters: help return formatted versions of data without making changes to the data source.
- vue-test-utils: Vue's official testing utility library.
- Mount and shallow mount components.
- Mounted wrappers to help make testing easier, including wrapper.html, wrapper.find, wrapper.trigger, wrapper.setData, wrapper.setProps, wrapper.setMethods.
The lesson concludes with 3 exercises and demonstrations, including:
- Using mixins to build a counter application
- Using filters to format the client-side view
- Testing to verify that the functionality of a to-do list application does as intended