In this lesson, Hassan teaches about state management and Vuex. He addresses questions such as:
- How do we manage state in our application as the application grows?
- How can we communicate from children to parent components?
Students will specifically learn about:
- Props: can be used to pass data from parent components to down to child components.
- Custom Events: allow child components to communicate with parent components.
- An Event Bus: can enable isolated components to subscribe and publish custom events between one another.
- Simple State Management: can be performed by creating a "store pattern" that involves sharing a data store between components.
- Vuex: the flux-like, state management library built solely for use with Vue Getters, Mutations, and Actions.
The lesson concludes with an exercise and demonstration of how to build a note keeping and counter application.