What is Gatsby, anyway? Gatsby is a JAM stack static site generator built with React.
Wait a second, back up. What does any of that mean?
- Static site: a web page with fixed content
- Dynamic site: a site generated in real-time using server technology (PHP, Node, C#, etc.)
Core Concepts in Gatsby:
- ReactJS - a UI library built by Facebook
- GraphQL - a query language for handling data in APIs
- Markdown - a simple markup language used for writing
- Gatsby docs: http://www.gatsbyjs.org/docs
- Gatsby CLI - the command line interface used to generate, build, and serve Gatsby sites
- Starters - templates you can use to build Gatsby sites
- Plugins - points of extensibility for Gatsby